Thursday, June 23, 2011

Equity Trading Psychology

Emotions have no place in an Intraday Investor, swing trader, or even long term trader’s outlook on their investments. When we try and protect ourselves from fear, we end up resorting back to our habitual instincts to enter into a place of comfort, whether or not that place is reality. We stop taking responsibility for our own fears and start blaming others for our issues. At the end, we try and find an easy way out by searching for magic indicators, or Hail Marry solutions.When I think back to my career, I remember the times where I continuously changed my trading techniques to achieve the result that I was looking for. No matter what technical indicator or equity trading system that I used, I would yield the same result, losses. It didn’t matter what I did, I had to fix the real issue which was in my psyche.
I was trapped by the life principles that governed my life since I was a child. I was a perfectionist, I was the guy always looking to ace every exam in school. My equity trading reflected this as well; I refused to take a loss quickly due to my overriding obsession with being right on every single trade. I didn’t believe in myself; everyone else said the equity market was random, or gambling as many would put it. I would act as if this did not affect me but it did subconsciously and I carried that line of thought into my equity trading. I was heavily trained in mathematics in college and considered myself to be very analytical. Equity trading is an extremely fast game and requires lightening fast decision making skills;

To Continue go to:

http://goarticles.com/article/Equity-Trading-Psychology/4847040/

No comments:

Post a Comment